Friday, December 10, 2010

you were only waiting for this moment to arise..


i was born after he died but the music had a strong effect on me from a very early age, due to my dads vinyl collection. i was brought up with it, had good music instilled in me from the start and it wasn't even clear to me until a long time later how much of an icon/inspiration he was. he was just a talented man in a band, who wrote some amazing music that none of my other friends were very keen on (they were too busy listening to kylie, jason & big fun :) i remember getting very weird looks when my primary school project of choice was on The Beatles! i'm 100% glad i was introduced to him & them when i was. it gave me good taste and it's still my music of choice - especially the early stuff that didn't have much of a 'message' or psychedelic hidden meanings. i love it all. it does make me sad when i think of everything the world has been deprived of but we'll manage with what we have.

xo

pic: glamour

No comments:

Post a Comment